The legendary Pro Staff tennis racket immediately conjures up the memories of tennis legends. It must be one of the most solid and greatest rackets of all times. Old masters such as Stefan Edberg, Roger Federer, etc., have claimed many world championships with the Pro Staff. Many people want to know if the Pro Staff RF v13 plays as exceptionally as it feels out of the box.
Our team decided to perform a playtest, and this tennis racket review covers everything you want to know. Keep on reading to help make the best tennis racket choice. So, let’s jump into it.
Table of Contents
Past meets present as the Pro Staff RF97 v13 tennis racket comes with an updated look accommodating the iconic and classic design. It flaunts the following specs:
- Player Level: Advanced
- Balance: Head Light
- Flexibility: Stiff
- Head Size: Mid Plus (97 Square Inch)
- Weight: Heavy (12.5 Ounces/0.75 Pounds)
The Pro Staff RF97 v13 tennis racket is one of the best rackets available in the market. It weighs 0.75 pounds or 12.5 ounces and feels outstanding in the hand.
To wield it for multiple sets, you must be physically fit and technically sound. Its weight provides you with a great benefit against competitors. Bear in mind that it requires strong muscles to swing it repeatedly during the match. It allows you to return the pace with interest by absorbing it exceptionally well.
It comes with 97 square inches of head size, 27 inches of length, and 21 pounds or 336 ounces of swing weight. If you’re an advanced level player, the Pro Staff RF97 v13 is an excellent choice for you because of its small head size.
It comes with a beam of 21.5 millimeters. This feature also provides you with an excellent swing.
The Pro Staff RF97 v13 tennis racket allows you to push your opponent by hitting the ball heavier while you attack.
In terms of performance, while serving, the racket is exceptionally stable for excellent precision. It also makes sure that you return the serves and counter punch effectively.
Braided Kevlar and Graphite
Both of these materials are braided on the Pro Staff RF97 v13 tennis racket to form a layer. Kevlar is a powerful synthetic fiber (polymer), which makes it different from graphite. This layer provides the racket with the following properties.:
- Vibration Absorption
- Heat Resistance
- Diminishing Flexibility
These properties provide you with a consistent, reliable, and pure feel. The layer also makes the overall build of the racket strong that enhances touch and control, and dampens vibration. Moreover, the braided graphite allows you to achieve uniform balance and weight as it delivers a consistent and pure feel.
16 mains x 19 crosses String Pattern
The string bed offers you the extra spin, power, and control for a fast-paced tennis game. It allows you to easily keep your opponent back by conveniently hitting the ball deep in the court.
Wide Racket Beam
As discussed, the Pro Staff RF97 v13 tennis racket is specifically designed to have 21.5 millimeters of beamwidth. It’s slightly more angular and broader as compared to the other professional tennis rackets. It allows you to have a considerable boost in power.
Spin Efficient Technology
The state-of-the-art spin efficient technology is used to design the Pro Staff v13 tennis racket. Regardless of your expertise, this technology allows you to generate more spin without changing the swing. Additionally, this technology provides you with more margin of error.
Smart Sensor Ready
The Pro Staff RF97 v13 tennis racket comes Smart Sensor Ready. In simple terms, the racket has the option for the player to add a smart sensor at the end of the handle. It allows you to track your strokes and shots while playing. After that, you can analyze the data to eliminate your mistakes.
Things We Like
- Extra Power: If you like long swing shots, you need more power for that. The Pro Staff RF97 v13 tennis racket helps you to generate extra power because of its weight.
- Stability and Control: With a small head size, it offers outstanding stability and more control.
- Extra Pop and Topspin: The string pattern and head light balance of the tennis racket enables you to provide topspin and extra pop.
- Touch and Feel: Because of its state-of-the-art design, the Pro Staff v13 tennis racket provides you with an enhanced sense of touch and feel.
- Durability: One of the most notable benefits of the Pro Staff RF97 v13 tennis racket is its durability. Because of the high-quality material and solid design and construction, this racket will remain stable to use for years to come.
Things We Don’t Like
- Heavyweight: Yes, heavyweight can both be a benefit and a downside at the same time. That’s because it solely depends upon your personal preferences. If you’re not used to heavy rackets, it can be harmful to your arm, especially the wrist.
- Stiffness: There is no doubt that Pro Staff RF97 v13 is a very stiff tennis racket, making it a little less responsive. If you’re not used to stiff rackets, it can be a bit uncomfortable for you until you get used to it.
If you are still on the fence about your next tennis racket check out our complete guide to the best tennis rackets for 2021.